YORK, Pa. - Investigators said they've found some forensic evidence as they search for a 7-month-old boy kidnapped from a Delaware County home by his mother's boyfriend on Sunday.
Authorities have been searching sites in York and Lancaster counties for the baby, Hamza Ali. That follows the arrest of Ummad Rushdi, the boyfriend of the child's mother, at their home in the York suburbs Wednesday.
Police said the three had been visiting family in Upper Darby. Rushdi told a witness he killed the crying child by shaking him and then buried him in an undisclosed location, according to an affidavit released Thursday.
Upper Darby Township Police Superintendent Michael Chitwood said Friday police found some forensic evidence near a site in Lancaster County where Rushdi's car was found earlier. He declined to say what the evidence was.
Rushdi is being held on kidnapping and other charges.
The agency that controls Pennsylvania's state-owned wine and liquor stores is working to lift the embargo on Cuban rum.Read More »
- President Trump signs executive order on trade while in Pennsylvania
- Ex-Penn St officials to be sentenced in June over Sandusky
- Local lawmakers have mixed reactions to Trump's tax plan
- Medical marijuana licensing draws hundreds of applicants
- House votes to toughen animal cruelty laws, tethering rules
- Fight brews in Pennsylvania Senate over Planned Parenthood
- Vehicle hits Berks apartment building; 2 families displaced
- Phantoms eliminated from playoffs
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- Bethlehem Twp. police search for purse snatchers
- Birdsboro church closes its doors after 180 years
- Fans rally to support Phantoms hockey
- Yo ho ho! Pennsylvania aims to smash US embargo on Cuban rum
- Girlfriend's on-air killing drives anchorman into politics
- New Salvation Army opens in Berks
- First responders practice emergency preparedness at LVIA