SHIPPENSBURG, Pa. - An engineer and wrestling coach from the Shippensburg area is among those killed in Sunday night's mass shooting at a country music festival in Las Vegas.
Shippensburg Police said Tuesday that Bill Wolfe Jr. was one of the 59 people killed when a man opened fire on the crowded concert grounds from an upper floor of a nearby casino hotel.
The owner of a surveying and engineering firm says Wolfe had previously worked for him as a professional engineer, contributing to several major projects.
Carl Bert describes Wolfe as personable, fun, easy to work with and a devoted Christian.
Wolfe's father, Bill Wolfe Sr., was Shippensburg borough manager for many years.
The Chambersburg Public Opinion says Wolfe and his wife, Robyn, were celebrating their 20th wedding anniversary in Las Vegas.
Wolfe's wife is reported to be okay.
An online fundraiser has been set up to help the family.
A lawyer for the former Pennsylvania attorney general convicted of leaking secret information then lying about it said the special prosecutor who investigated her had too much power.Read More »
- Victims' needs surveys open in Pennsylvania
- GIANT named best grocery store in Pennsylvania
- Gov. Wolf asks Trump for federal support in opioid crisis
- GOP field grows to 4 to run for Pa. lieutenant governor
- Gerrymandering case sows doubt in big year for House races
- Silgan Containers creates new jobs in Lehigh Valley
- APD looking for three bumbling armed robbers
- Police: Winery owners unlawfully recorded customers, employees
- YOUR PHOTOS: Snow falls across the region
- Pennsylvania's first marijuana dispensary opens in Bethlehem
- Mayor champions Lafayette College expansion plans
- New Lower Saucon police chief a lifelong resident
- City Council acts to ensure vacancies filled by members of same party
- Association moving forward with plans to revitalize three neighborhoods
- Hamburg copes with half a foot of snow
- South Whitehall grants second extension to developer