SHIPPENSBURG, Pa. - An engineer and wrestling coach from the Shippensburg area is among those killed in Sunday night's mass shooting at a country music festival in Las Vegas.
Shippensburg Police said Tuesday that Bill Wolfe Jr. was one of the 59 people killed when a man opened fire on the crowded concert grounds from an upper floor of a nearby casino hotel.
The owner of a surveying and engineering firm says Wolfe had previously worked for him as a professional engineer, contributing to several major projects.
Carl Bert describes Wolfe as personable, fun, easy to work with and a devoted Christian.
Wolfe's father, Bill Wolfe Sr., was Shippensburg borough manager for many years.
The Chambersburg Public Opinion says Wolfe and his wife, Robyn, were celebrating their 20th wedding anniversary in Las Vegas.
Wolfe's wife is reported to be okay.
An online fundraiser has been set up to help the family.
Gov. Tom Wolf says more than 450 Pennsylvania National Guard soldiers remain on standby or are staged for possible missions throughout the night during the storm.Read More »
- Lawmaker accused of abusing colleague won't seek re-election
- Senate approves bill to protect domestic violence victims
- Pa. Senate OKs bill to toughen gun laws in domestic cases
- Crash blocks WB Pa. Turnpike beyond Reading interchange
- Speed, travel restrictions lifted on Pa. Turnpike, major highways
- New legislation aims for tougher laws against pet stores
- Goodbye nor'easter, but blustery, chilly weather continues
- Allentown Police Chief Glen Dorney is retiring
- Snowfall totals from the 69 News viewing area
- YOUR PHOTOS: Fourth major winter storm in 3 weeks
- Updated Life Lessons: Teen driving distractions
- Updated Life Lessons: Got back pain?
- Easton police allege jealous man attacked ex's new beau
- Actor promotes awareness about mental health
- Love it or hate it, Reading folks dealing with snow
- Berks County snow totals: How much have you seen?