SHIPPENSBURG, Pa. - An engineer and wrestling coach from the Shippensburg area is among those killed in Sunday night's mass shooting at a country music festival in Las Vegas.
Shippensburg Police said Tuesday that Bill Wolfe Jr. was one of the 59 people killed when a man opened fire on the crowded concert grounds from an upper floor of a nearby casino hotel.
The owner of a surveying and engineering firm says Wolfe had previously worked for him as a professional engineer, contributing to several major projects.
Carl Bert describes Wolfe as personable, fun, easy to work with and a devoted Christian.
Wolfe's father, Bill Wolfe Sr., was Shippensburg borough manager for many years.
The Chambersburg Public Opinion says Wolfe and his wife, Robyn, were celebrating their 20th wedding anniversary in Las Vegas.
Wolfe's wife is reported to be okay.
An online fundraiser has been set up to help the family.
A Dauphin County commissioner for more than 12 years announced Thursday his run for Congress in Pennsylvania's 15th District.Read More »
- Claims of delay tactics in Pennsylvania redistricting case
- House, Senate showdown over official Pennsylvania amphibian
- Former Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Ridge hospitalized in Texas
- Bon-Ton CEO: Company to close at least 40 stores in 2018
- Subcontracting bills work to to protect school employees
- Warm your house with home heating assistance grants
- 132 residents in Chester County senior facility as fire began
- Coach on hurt Lonnie Walker: 'He's going to play in Reading'
- Plenty of sunshine for the rest of today but breezy and chilly
- Updated State Rep. drops out of 15th Congressional race
- Pen Argyl residents to weigh in on Weona Park plans
- Santander Arena, district team up to collect school supplies
- Police allege man kidnapped wife, held her at gunpoint
- Helpful hints for cooking Thanksgiving dinner
- Sunrise Chef: Louie's
- Life Lessons: The tricky topic: Refusing the salary question