EPHRATA TWP., Pa. - Police are looking for the thief who made off with thousands of dollars worth of jewelry from Kmart.
The smash-and-grab theft happened at 3:17 a.m. Tuesday at the retailer's store in the 1100 block of South State Street in Ephrata Twp., Lancaster Co.
The thief made his way into the store by forcing open a gate in the garden area and then smashing the glass out of two sets of doors, police said.
Once inside, police said the thief smashed the jewelry cases and stole jewelry with a retail value of $41,678.
Anyone with information about the theft can call the Ephrata Police Dept. at 717-738-9200.
Pennsylvania driver's licenses that are compliant with tougher federal anti-terrorism standards should be available in early 2019, according to Gov. Tom Wolf's office.Read More »
- Pa. health officials warn of possible measles exposure
- Pennsylvania man sets Plinko record on 'Price is Right,' goes wild
- Pa. court tightens rules for seizing properties tied to crime
- Pennsylvania's highest-paid CEO among top 10 in US
- Pa. Turnpike expects 2.3M vehicles over Memorial Day weekend
- Man arrested in hit-and-run crash with school bus
- Two zoos mourn the loss of Ernie the giraffe
- Memorial Day services across Berks County
- Visitors celebrate at Dorney Park despite rainy weather
- A place of healing for veterans
- Walking a mile in their shoes
- Weather stops big guest at Pottstown Memorial Day parade
- 'Taps' echoes over Bethlehem
- Marking Memorial Day in the Lehigh Valley
- No extreme warmth or cold over the next 7 to 10 days
- Car fire slows traffic on I-78 near Hellertown