EPHRATA TWP., Pa. - Police are looking for the thief who made off with thousands of dollars worth of jewelry from Kmart.
The smash-and-grab theft happened at 3:17 a.m. Tuesday at the retailer's store in the 1100 block of South State Street in Ephrata Twp., Lancaster Co.
The thief made his way into the store by forcing open a gate in the garden area and then smashing the glass out of two sets of doors, police said.
Once inside, police said the thief smashed the jewelry cases and stole jewelry with a retail value of $41,678.
Anyone with information about the theft can call the Ephrata Police Dept. at 717-738-9200.
Sunoco Logistics Partners said there's so much interest in its plans to build a natural gas liquids pipeline across southern Pennsylvania that the company will actually build two pipelines.Read More »
- Attorney general says costs related to Kane reached $3.6M
- Republicans eye revenue assumptions in Wolf's budget
- Snow geese migrating earlier due to milder temps
- Local business skeptical of Wolf's proposal to raise minimum wage
- Wolf could secure minimum wage hike, with big concession
- Volunteers build osprey platforms at Beltzville Lake
- Sunoco building 2 pipelines, not just 1 across Pennsylvania
- Man accused of stabbing wife, daughter-in-law in Allentown
- Updated Reading woman killed in crash on I-176 in Caernarvon
- Chicago to rock Musikfest this summer
- New Allentown Health Bureau recognized for emergency preparedness
- Updated Arts Around Town: Marionettes join Bach Choir for 'The Nightingale'
- Updated Crews called to fire along Linden St. in Allentown
- Updated Man charged in Allentown hit-and-run
- Updated Berks commissioners talk future of tax-free municipal bonds
- Updated Record-challenging warmth today, close to records Friday