A fresh dusting of snow is telling us that, despite spring-like temperatures over the weekend, winter isn't quite over yet.
The National Weather Service reported several inches of snow adding a touch of white to the green of St. Patrick's Day in a number of places across Pennsylvania.
Observers told the weather service that 3.6 inches fell in Adams County and almost as much in several places of Delaware County.
Two inches fell in Somerset and almost as much in Chester County. A fire department station in the Bridesburg section of northeast Philadelphia reported 2.4 inches of snow.
We are now left to deal with clouds and some sunny breaks. Temperatures will top out in the middle 30s with breezy conditions at times.
Tuesday will feature sunshine and patchy clouds with highs in the lower 40s.
Another system will bring some rain to the region on Wednesday. with highs in the lower 40s once again. Precipitation may start as a bit of freezing rain in the morning.
Pennsylvania State Police say a missing 6-year-old Connecticut girl and her father - a suspect in a homicide - have been found.Read More »
- State police reveal cost of local police coverage: $600M
- Health department working with Penn State on mumps cases
- Conspiracy charge added against Penn State ex-administrators
- Sunoco building 2 pipelines, not just 1 across Pennsylvania
- Attorney general says costs related to Kane reached $3.6M
- Republicans eye revenue assumptions in Wolf's budget
- Route 222 reopens after crash closed it for nearly six hours Friday
- Woman loses more than half her body weight after 140-pound mass is removed
- Updated Lily's Hope Foundation provides "packages of hope" to families with premature babies
- Warm weather in Berks means time for ice cream
- Allentown's Police Athletic League keeping kids on the right track
- Safe travels, Ed: A new generation honors the Greatest
- Union Township woman accused of stealing from Parent Teacher Association
- "Mascots for a Cure" get down in Pottstown
- Black Bass Hotel becomes Hollywood movie set
- Family wants justice after hit-and-run leaves woman in critical condition