With safety in mind, Pennsylvania Turnpike officials have launched a new smartphone app.
The turnpike released "TRIP Talk" Friday, an application for iPhone and Android users.
It sends audio alerts to travelers when there's a crash, bad weather, or some other problem.
The turnpike says TRIP Talk is not only convenient but safe since it's a hands-free application.
A man charged in a double stabbing in Atlantic City that left his ex-girlfriend dead and a Pennsylvania man critically injured has been indicted on a felony murder and other charges.Read More »
- Q&A: Cosby jury: A look at what to expect during selection
- 69-WFMZ-TV wins 9 AP awards
- State police continue Megan's Law compliance checks across Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania unemployment rate increases to 4.9 percent
- Police, DA release video of car in school bus hit-and-run
- Millersville groundskeeper dies after lawn mower catches fire
- Updated Cosby 'holding up' as jury pick gets underway
- Updated Cooler and cloudy this afternoon with areas of rain and fog
- Coroner identifies Lehigh County man killed in Allentown police-involved shooting
- BUSH to rock Sands Event Center this summer
- Easton's Common Space Kitchen gives food entrepreneurs a launching point
- LIVE original lineup to perform at Musikfest this summer
- Rock icons Godsmack to headline Musikfest Aug. 9
- Lehigh County man charged with attempted homicide
- New Jersey police allege gun company sold defective guns
- Small plane crashes in Pennsylvania field, pilot not hurt