HARRISBURG, Pa. - A young man who testified last year against Jerry Sandusky is suing the former coach and Penn State for what he said was nearly four years of sexual assaults while he was a child.
The lawsuit by John Doe 4, known as Victim 9 in court records, was filed Thursday in Philadelphia Common Pleas Court.
The suit claims he wouldn't have been victimized if university officials had reported Sandusky to police.
A university spokesman declined comment, and a message left for a lawyer who's represented Sandusky in other civil litigation wasn't immediately returned.
The lawsuit asserts an assault and battery claim against Sandusky. The university is sued for negligence and recklessness, tortious conduct, misrepresentation and infliction of emotional distress.
Six of 45 counts for which Sandusky was convicted concern Victim 9.
Four police departments in our area are now investigating the same type of crime.Read More »
- More threats against Jewish Community Centers across the nation
- National Weather Service assessing Pennsylvania storm damage
- PSP: Mom used girl's breath to start car with DUI device
- Pennsylvania's 2018 US Senate race gets going with GOP entry
- Pink slips may await some Pennsylvania public universities
- Judge: Man charged in deadly stabbing will remain jailed
- Hazmat situation reported in Northampton County
- Police investigating string of cell phone store robberies across the region
- Bill Cosby case to stay in Montco, be decided by outside jury
- New Road Blocks - Stopping drug trafficking in Reading
- Local tree service companies face busy week after storm
- Technical error costs company BASD contract
- Berks County withdraws support of 2017 Reading 120 bicycle race
- Support hotline created in Bucks County for first responders
- Anti-Semitic threats across Pennsylvania provoke response
- Man arrested for robbing Easton convenience store