GREENSBURG, Pa. - A woman in western Pennsylvania is facing charges after police say she was selling heroin from her hospital bed.
Thirty-eight-year-old Lori Sullenberger is facing a number of drug charges.
Officials at Westmoreland Hospital in Greensburg, near Pittsburgh.. say hospital security became suspicious of the large number of people going in and out of Sullenberger's room.
Police say an undercover informant bought $90 worth of heroin from her on Friday.
A search of her room found nearly $4,000 in heroin, two syringes, and $1,400 in cash.
Her ailment was not disclosed.
Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf has signed a bill guaranteeing state-level funding for a popular children's health insurance program, and urges Congress to renew federal funding.Read More »
- Grand jury: Penn State showed 'shocking apathy' to drinking
- Tom Ridge returns home nearly a month after heart attack
- Cops: Man lured wife saying he had gifts for kids, shot her
- 'Meat-farm' dogs given 2nd chance at life, up for adoption
- Police: Estranged husband kills wife, self on PSU campus
- Allentown State Hospital closer to sale of its grounds
- Updated Snow ending from west to east; some clearing overnight
- Wolf signs kids health coverage bill, urges Congress to act
- Alleged sexual 'predator' facing additional rape charges
- Babysitter charged in sexual assault of 2 young children
- Updated Easton police searching for shooting suspect
- Updated $1M grant set to give Boyertown tourism, economic boost
- Updated Bell Alley Pretzel saved; 'Now, I can do what I love'
- Centre County DA excoriates Penn State over frat culture
- Duck Donuts debuts in the Lehigh Valley
- Updated 3rd snowfall in a week coats Berks, slows PM commute