BREAKING NEWS

News

Person reportedly trapped on 2nd story of burning apartment building

Man rescued through window from apartment fire

PALMERTON, Pa. - Fire crews rescued one person who was trapped in their apartment when a fire broke out in their building.

Around 2:00pm Tuesday, crews were called to the Harvard Apartments in Palmerton Carbon County.

The fire chief tells 69 News a man was cooking in his apartment when grease caught fire.

It gutted his apartment but crews were able to contain the fire, the chief said.  Surrounding apartments did sustain some water and smoke damage.

No one was hurt in the fire.  One person was rescued through his window because he wasn't able to leave his apartment. 

Firefighters were also able to rescue all the pets in the building.


DISCLAIMER FOR COMMENTS: The views expressed by public comments are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the TERMS OF USE  and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Your comments may be used on air. Be polite. Inappropriate posts or posts containing offsite links may be removed by the moderator.

Allentown, PA 18102

29°F

Clear

TONIGHT

35°F

  • %

This Week's Circulars

Top Stories

Latest from the newsroom

More from the Newsroom