Four Carbon County residents poisoned by home generator fumes
A home generator is being blamed for four Penn Forest Township residents being sickened by carbon monoxide poisoning on Tuesday.
According to Carbon County Emergency Management, fire personnel and medics responded to a home in the Valley View Lakes section of Penn Forest Township at about 5 p.m.
Officials say four residents of the home fell ill due to carbon monoxide poisoning.
Three of the residents were taken to Lehigh Valley Hospital, and another went to Lehighton Hospital. Information on their conditions was not readily available.
Officials say a generator was running inside the home, which caused the residents to be sickened by carbon monoxide fumes.
Copyright 2012 WFMZ. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.