An early-morning fire in Mahanoy City has left three people injured, including one who was air-lifted to an area hospital.

Emergency officials say the residential fire started just before 2 a.m. Saturday on the 300 block of East Center Street.

Multiple fire departments responded to the two-alarm blaze.

As of 5:30 Saturday morning, crews were still at the scene, officials said.

Three people were transported to area hospitals, including one by helicopter. There is no word on the extent of their injuries.