A 33-year-old Schuylkill County woman was been arrested for killing her mother's boyfriend with a kitchen knife.

Kimberely Lynn Hons of Mahanoy City was arrested Tuesday night for the stabbing, which occurred in early December.

After being arraigned before Magisterial District Judge David A. Plachko, Hons was committed to Schuylkill County Prison.

She has been charged with two counts of manslaughter, two counts of aggravated assault, possession of an instrument of crime and recklessly endangering another person.

The crime occurred around 4:30 a.m. Dec. 1, 2013, at Hons' home in the 700 block of East Mahanoy Street.

Mahanoy City police responding to a reported stabbing encountered Hons on the front porch.

"I stabbed him and I think I killed him," she told police.

In the kitchen, police saw the victim, Lawrence Quinn, lying on the floor with a stab wound in his chest.

Hons' mother, who was Quinn's girlfriend, was performing CPR on the victim.

EMS units arrived but were unable to save Quinn. He was pronounced dead at 5:50 a.m. that day by Schuylkill County Deputy Coroner Andrew Szcyglak.

An autopsy performed on Dec. 3 at Lehigh Valley Hospital in Lehigh County attributed the cause of death to the stab wound in the chest, which perforated a lung and severed the pulmonary artery.

All three individuals involved had been drinking that night.

When Hons' mother returned home, she got into an argument with Quinn.  She said he was sitting at the kitchen table drinking beer. They began pushing each other. Items were broken inside the house and a phone was ripped off the wall.

The woman admitted to police that she and Quinn slapped each other in the face, which caused her nose to bleed.

About 30 minutes after that fight ended, Hons arrived at the house. She saw dried blood under her mother's nose. The woman admitted to Hons that Quinn had hit her, but gestured at her to not say anything.

Instead, Hons went to the kitchen to confront Quinn about hitting her mom. They exchanged words, then began shoving each other for about five minutes.

The mother told police that Quinn pushed Hons against the kitchen counter, grabbed her around the neck and shoulder and pulled her hair. 

Hons told police Quinn had her pinned against the sink.

The mother separated them, but Hons grabbed a knife off the counter.

The mother said Quinn told Hons: "Go ahead and stab me."

They again rushed at each other and Quinn stabbed him once in the chest. She pulled the knife from his chest and he fell to the floor, gasping for air.

Hons left, went to a neighbor's house, pounded on the door, said she stabbed Quinn and told the neighbor to call 911.

She then sat outside at the curb until her mother yelled for help. Hons went back inside, took off her T-shirt and applied direct pressure to Quinn's stab wound.

When police arrived, they found a bloody kitchen knife with a seven-inch blade on the floor. They said the kitchen was in disarray.

When Hons was interviewed by police, officers observed no visible injuries or marks from the altercation. Quinn's blood was on the arms, hands and clothing of Hons and her mother.