MUHLENBERG, TWP., Pa. - A domestic argument involving a person with a gun drew a large police response in Berks County early Thursday morning.
Officers with several departments were dispatched at 12:15 a.m. to Raymond Street, near Bernhart Avenue, in Muhlenberg Township.Map: Police activity in Muhlenberg
Police said they arrived on scene and began negotiations with the suspect, who had barricaded himself inside a home.
The suspect, identified as Samuel Swavely, eventually surrendered without incident, bringing an end to the standoff around 3 a.m., police said.
Swavely, 22, was charged with simple assault, false imprisonment, terroistic threats, unlawful restraint and harassment. He was committed to the Berks County Jail on $75,000 bail.
- Berks man who turned life around is giving back to humane society
- Legendary coach honored in Kutztown
- Boyertown drops Pope John Paul II in PAC baseball tilt
- Police say couple had guns, thousands of dollars of drugs
- Volunteers clean up Schuylkill River Trail for Earth Day
- Brandywine Hts. softball preparing for rivalry game with Kutztown
- Eric Frein's strategy to avoid death: Blame Dad
- Paramedic reunites with family he helped decades ago
- Runners take on St. Luke's Half Marathon
- 2.3 magnitude earthquake hits Lancaster County
- Trump nears 100 days: 'It's a different kind of presidency'
- Ex-clerk files federal lawsuit claiming Alpha Borough allowed sexual harassment
- State police: Trooper, 2 people in SUV injured in crash
- April the giraffe becomes a cash cow for tiny zoo
- Man working on NFL draft stage injured after fall
- Local libraries fight to survive cuts