TOBYHANNA, Pa. - The Pocono Mountain Regional Police Department is investigating a fatal motorcycle crash on PA State Route 196 in Tobyhanna, according to a release from police.
The crash took place on Thursday around 5 p.m.
According to police, the motorcycle was traveling north on PA 196 on Tuesday and left the roadway for unknown reasons.
The operator of the motorcycle was flown to Geisinger Community Medical Center in Scranton for evaluation and treatment. The passenger was pronounced dead at the scene by the Monroe County Coroner, police say.
The cause of the accident is under investigation at this time. The names of the driver and passenger are being held pending notification of next of kin.
The northbound tunnel will be closed from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Aug. 21-23, and traffic will be two-way in the southbound side.Read More »
- I-80 resurfacing project delayed one week
- Fugitive Shawn Christy spotted in Maryland
- Pocono IndyCar race resumed after dramatic crash
- Multiple people injured in Carbon County motorcycle crash
- State police looking for vehicle which struck parked car in Schuylkill County
- Beltzville Lake Beach reopened
- Jurors deliberate in trial of man charged in 2 shooting deaths
- Federal corruption trial of former Reading mayor underway
- Humidity rises Tuesday with heavy rain, t-storms later in the day
- Updated Lehigh Tunnel inspections to impact traffic on Northeast Extension
- Updated Woman, 69, killed in Emmaus crash
- Updated Unhappy beau allegedly assaults woman during breakup
- Woman allegedly threatens sister with knife during family squabble
- Life Lessons: Say no to salt, yes to spices
- Allentown man charged in Upper Saucon church theft
- Police search for driver in chase, crash in Upper Pottsgrove