SOUTH MANHEIM TWP., Pa. - State Police said an 8-year-old girl died after an ATV crash in Schuylkill County Saturday night.
It happened just after 9 p.m. about three-quarters of a mile from Berne Road in South Manheim Township.
Police said the girl was riding with her father on a Polaris ATV when the crash happened.
According to police, the pair were riding on an old railroad bed when they hit a telephone pole that was laid across the path.
The ATV flipped at least one time.
Neither rider was wearing a helmet.
The girl was pronounced dead at the scene.
The father suffered moderate injuries and was flown to Lehigh Valley Hospital-Cedar Crest.
The incident was reported around midnight Sunday.Read More »
- Benefit basketball game played to honor former Schuylkill Valley student
- Coroner called to crash in West Penn Township
- 66-year-old stabbed by juvenile, ruled a homicide
- Stroudsburg teen immerses herself in Irish dancing
- Allentown men charged after fatal crash involving stolen van
- St. Luke's weight management program comes to Monroe County
- Man arrested after stabbing neighbor multiple times in Easton
- Updated Multiple crews battle large fire at former Trainers Inn in Carbon County
- Updated A pleasant Sunday to round out the weekend
- Updated Allentown Police: Kevin Esterly arrested, Amy Yu located in Mexico
- Updated Mother, brother react to Allentown teen Amy Yu being found in Mexico
- Irish Community Day event held in Allentown
- Hundreds celebrate St. Patrick's Day aboard the Colebrookdale Railroad
- Fire damages apartment building in Coopersburg
- War of words between James Comey and Donald Trump
- Firefighters douse Allentown fire, 1 family temporarily displaced