SOUTH MANHEIM TWP., Pa. - State Police said an 8-year-old girl died after an ATV crash in Schuylkill County Saturday night.
It happened just after 9 p.m. about three-quarters of a mile from Berne Road in South Manheim Township.
Police said the girl was riding with her father on a Polaris ATV when the crash happened.
According to police, the pair were riding on an old railroad bed when they hit a telephone pole that was laid across the path.
The ATV flipped at least one time.
Neither rider was wearing a helmet.
The girl was pronounced dead at the scene.
The father suffered moderate injuries and was flown to Lehigh Valley Hospital-Cedar Crest.
- Pizza delivery driver shot in East Stroudsburg dies
- State Police: Trooper fires on man after he points weapon
- Neighbors of shooting victim 'devastated' by pizza delivery incident
- Pizza delivery driver ambushed, shot; 3 charged with attempted homicide
- 3, including a 17-year-old boy, charged in pizza delivery shooting
- Community takes stand against hate speech in Monroe County
- Updated Snow ending from west to east; some clearing overnight
- Wolf signs kids health coverage bill, urges Congress to act
- Alleged sexual 'predator' facing additional rape charges
- Babysitter charged in sexual assault of 2 young children
- New 3rd snowfall in a week coats Berks, slows PM commute
- Updated Health Beat: Meniscus: Repair or replace?
- New Investigators looking into suspicious fires in Hunterdon County
- Judge dismisses charges against attempted homicide suspect
- Old parking tickets may be forgiven in Philadelphia
- Pete Rose defamation lawsuit dismissed after agreement