LOWER TOWAMENSING TWP., Pa. - A 17-year-old boy died after an incident at Blue Mountain Resort in the Poconos Tuesday, according to the Carbon County coroner.
According to the coroner, Connor Golembiewski, of Flemington, New Jersey, was pronounced dead at Palmerton Hospital after falling off a lift onto rocks. The cause was ruled as multiple blunt force trauma.
Golembiewski suffered head, back and rib fractures. He was riding the lift back to the top for the third time when he fell.
According to Blue Mountain, Golembiewski was somewhere in the middle of the left when he fell about 37 feet.
The accident at the Lower Towamensing Township resort happened around 11:30 a.m., Blue Mountain representative Tricia Matsko said.
Matsko said the incident remains under investigation, including whether the bar was up or down.
"Our thoughts go out to the young gentleman's family," Matsko said.
According to Blue Mountain, all the lifts have been inspected and all are in good operating order, including the lift bars. Immediately after the incident, all lifts were inspected to make sure there wasn't any sort of mechanical failure.
The massive blaze heavily damaged or destroyed six homes in Ashland Thursday afternoon.Read More »
- Free lead testing available Saturday for those near Palmerton's zinc recycling facility
- Berks Catholic principal named deputy superintendent
- Fire damages Polk Township apartment, garage
- Blaze damages 6 homes, displaces 9 families in Schuylkill County
- Man accused in deadly Paradise Township shooting appears in court
- 2 shot, critically injured at Hazleton bar
- Jacob Sullivan finalizes guilty plea in rape, murder of Grace Packer
- Berks woman accused of killing boyfriend returned from Miami
- Details being finalized in lawsuit settlement over inmates' legal mail in state prisons
- Fire marshals investigate cause of Schuylkill fire, explosion
- Updated Allentown man arrested for heroin distribution, possessing machine guns
- Updated US ambassador to Holy See: Protect children, stop sex abuse
- Leinbach selects running-mate in campaign for re-election
- Audit: Berks officials traveled on voting machine firms' dime
- $2,500 reward offered for NJ man wanted on drug charges
- Easton police trying to ID man acting suspiciously