Two men are now facing homicide charges in connection with a man's death in Monroe County last year.
The charred remains of 24-year-old Demetrio Hughes were found in a wooded area of Jackson Township in February 2016.
Now, Randy Criste-Troutman and Michael Owens stand accused of killing him.
Investigators say the pair shot him and then returned days later to burn the body.
Criste-Troutman told police the victim owed him money from a drug deal and had threatened him days before his death.
Owens and Criste-Troutman are due in court for their preliminary hearing Jan. 11.
- Diehard Eagles fan's friends were on target with this surprise
- $2.4 million invested into airport upgrades
- Dick's to expand hours, offer championship gear if Eagles win
- Local corporations raise funds with United Way campaign
- New distribution center in Tobyhanna Twp. to create 80 jobs
- Police: Winery owners unlawfully recorded customers, employees
- Violent car crash occurs near Sands Casino in Bethlehem
- Updated Women's marches, rallies held across nation Saturday
- Firefighters quickly douse Easton church fire
- FERC approves PennEast pipeline project
- Afghan hotel attack ends, Taliban claim
- Congressman Patrick Meehan denies allegation in misconduct claim
- Dorney Park makes Eagles bet with Minnesota's Valleyfair Park
- Coroner ID's man killed in Allentown crash
- Man killed in fatal fire in Bethlehem Twp. ID'd
- History's Headlines: Man of Steel