CHESTNUTHILL TWP., Pa. - Two people were killed in a crash involving their motorcycle and a car in Monroe County on Wednesday.Map: Fatal motorcycle crash in Monroe County
The motorcycle was cresting a hill on Toll Road, near Jonas Road, in Chestnuthill Township when it hit the rear of a car that had stopped for a school bus, state police said.
The motorcycle operator, Daniel Weir, 22, of Effort, died at the scene; his passenger died at Pocono Medical Center, according to Pennsylvania State Police. Her name has not been released.
Neither victim was wearing a helmet, police said.
The driver of the car was not injured.
Police said they believe speeding played a role in the crash.
- Updated Police standoff ends in Bethlehem; man taken out of home after 5 hours
- Updated Berks football fans flock to NFL Draft in Philly
- Quakertown CSD OKs proposed final budget
- Woman dies after being attacked by her dog in Upper Macungie
- Updated WFMZ's Lauren Kusik dances with the Lehigh Valley stars and wins big
- Police standoff underway in Bethlehem
- LVPC offers regional industrial development overview
- Updated Warm again today with some sunshine
- Allentown doctor pleads guilty to tax crimes
- Local lacrosse teams raise money for cancer charity