MOUNT CARBON, Pa. - The young mayor of a borough in Schuylkill County has died just hours after resigning.
The coroner pronounced Brandon Wentz dead yesterday morning, but officials haven't said how he died. He was just 23.
Wentz was appointed mayor of Mount Carbon in 2016.
His facebook page indicted he was a student at Kutztown University.
His mother tells the AP Wentz resigned because he and the family moved out of the borough.
Family and friends of a Monroe County teenager say he died from complications of the flu.Read More »
- AR-15 rifles to accompany church's blessing ceremony
- 2 more facing charges in relation to ESU stabbing
- Pennsylvania First Lady visits Palmerton area school
- Large bags banned from Cinemark movie theater
- Canadian man killed in skiing accident at Camelback
- 34-year-old facing charges in relation to possessing heroin
- Updated Parkland schools closed after fire tears through bus garage
- Chilly today with more rain, some ice to the north
- Man critical after being shot in the face in Allentown
- Witness recalls scene of deadly Lehigh Valley conduit collapse
- Police searching for missing man with dementia
- William Allen student arrested, charged with making threats
- Planners updated on Five City Center, Lafayette College projects
- Hearing on fracking draws dozens, many opposed
- Tractor-trailer wreck closes I-78 for hours Thursday night
- Gov. Mifflin parents sound off about safety concerns