MOUNT CARBON, Pa. - The young mayor of a borough in Schuylkill County has died just hours after resigning.
The coroner pronounced Brandon Wentz dead yesterday morning, but officials haven't said how he died. He was just 23.
Wentz was appointed mayor of Mount Carbon in 2016.
His facebook page indicted he was a student at Kutztown University.
His mother tells the AP Wentz resigned because he and the family moved out of the borough.
A pizza delivery driver remains in critical condition after being shot on the campus of East Stroudsburg University around 1:30 a.m. Monday.Read More »
- 3, including a 17-year-old boy, charged in pizza delivery shooting
- Community takes stand against hate speech in Monroe County
- 58-year-old pizza delivery driver in critical condition
- Pizza delivery driver shot at East Stroudsburg University
- Police investigate early-morning shooting at East Stroudsburg University
- Pennsylvania Gov. Wolf lights Capitol Christmas tree
- Accused cell phone store robbers charged in fatal shooting of Verizon employee
- Business consultant charged in Allentown pay-to-play case to change plea
- Behavioral health campus planned for 82-acre site in Bern
- Updated Reading Fair contest winner qualifies for Wing Bowl 26
- Updated Pickup truck goes off road, hits shrubs and mailboxes
- New Jersey man sentenced to 8 years for vehicular homicide
- Pizza delivery driver ambushed, shot; 3 charged with attempted homicide
- Police: Man argues with girlfriend, threatens unborn baby with box cutter
- Handyman accused of serial rape sentenced to 60 to 120 years
- Chester County mom gets 42-94 years for brutal beating death of son, 3