EAST STROUDSBURG, Pa. - Three people, including a 17-year-old boy, have been charged in connection with the shooting of a pizza delivery man in Monroe County.
Israel Zebulun Berrios, 17, Salvador Roberts Jr., 21, and Carolina Carmona, 30, all face multiple assault, robbery, and even homicide charges in the event the victim dies. Bail was also denied for all three pending any potential homicide charges, per court documents.
The 58-year-old victim was shot in the face and remains in critical condition.
Officers say they found a 58-year-old male suffering from a gunshot wound when they arrived in the 400 block of Normal Street in East Stroudsburg, just before 1:30 a.m. Monday.
According to Pennsylvania State Police, the investigation shows an order was called into a Domino's Pizza in East Stroudsburg for a delivery to the ROTC office.
Police say the driver arrived, exited the vehicle, and then encountered the suspects who demanded his money.
Police say after he repeatedly denied he had any money, he was shot in the face and a money bag was removed from his person.
The suspect then fled the area and the victim was eventually airlifted to Lehigh Valley Cedar Crest for treatment, according to the police.
A preliminary hearing for all three suspects has been set for December 19, 2017.
Gov. Tom Wolf announced Thursday more than $2.8 million in funding for local summer internship programs across Pennsylvania.Read More »
- Mount Pocono man wanted for homicide in Wayne County
- 32-year-old faces charges for alleged sexual assault in Monroe County
- Schuylkill County man pleads guilty to bank robbery
- 2nd man sentenced in crash that killed man, pregnant woman
- Groceries, everyday items delivered to your Stroudsburg door
- Volunteers undertake massive cleanup of Pocono Creek
- Lehigh University dissolves Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity
- Southwest Airlines sought more time for engine inspections
- Updated New twists appear in relation to former Cadets Director George Hopkins
- Updated Positive Parenting: Friends in high school impact mental health later
- Updated Health Beat: Picky eaters
- Updated Philly among 15 cities considered for Army's Futures Command
- Updated Montgomery County warns of mosquito season
- Police allege man helps himself to disabled friend's bank account
- New Jersey sees $13 million in funding to combat opioids
- United Way of Greater LV celebrates record-breaking campaign