EAST STROUDSBURG, Pa. - Three people, including a 17-year-old boy, have been charged in connection with the shooting of a pizza delivery man in Monroe County.
Israel Zebulun Berrios, 17, Salvador Roberts Jr., 21, and Carolina Carmona, 30, all face multiple assault, robbery, and even homicide charges in the event the victim dies. Bail was also denied for all three pending any potential homicide charges, per court documents.
The 58-year-old victim was shot in the face and remains in critical condition.
Officers say they found a 58-year-old male suffering from a gunshot wound when they arrived in the 400 block of Normal Street in East Stroudsburg, just before 1:30 a.m. Monday.
According to Pennsylvania State Police, the investigation shows an order was called into a Domino's Pizza in East Stroudsburg for a delivery to the ROTC office.
Police say the driver arrived, exited the vehicle, and then encountered the suspects who demanded his money.
Police say after he repeatedly denied he had any money, he was shot in the face and a money bag was removed from his person.
The suspect then fled the area and the victim was eventually airlifted to Lehigh Valley Cedar Crest for treatment, according to the police.
A preliminary hearing for all three suspects has been set for December 19, 2017.
Visitors to the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area can use the hiking trails but not the bathrooms. The federal government shutdown means parts of the park are closed until further notice.Read More »
- Coroner confirms second death in Franklin Twp. fire
- Man dies after fire tears through house in Franklin Township
- 2 injured in Franklin Township house fire
- FERC approves PennEast pipeline project
- Diehard Eagles fan's friends were on target with this surprise
- $2.4 million invested into airport upgrades
- Updated Tentative deal reached; Wilson School District strike averted
- Motorcycle split in half after crash in Northampton County
- Pa. Supreme Court throws out state's congressional map
- Residents complain about water in Lehigh County community
- Prosecution says Pawlowski a 'relentless fundraising machine'
- Pennsylvania GOP to seek a stop to gerrymandering case
- Pre-trial hearing held for one of two accused in Grace Packer's death
- Updated Upper Saucon manager lauded for his contributions
- Updated Spring Township residents line up to trash new waste cans
- Exeter could vote next month on country club restaurant and bar