LEHIGHTON, Pa. - Firefighters rescued three people and several animals from a burning home in Carbon County late Tuesday night.
The fire broke out just before midnight at 357 Bridge St. in Lehighton.
A crew at the scene said three people and five animals, including a pig, were safely rescued from the home. One person was taken to the hospital, officials said.
Investigators have not determined what started the fire.
A Saylorsburg man will be charged, after police say they caught him driving under the influence with his child in the carRead More »
- Immigration officials detain alleged undocumented immigrants in Poconos
- PennDOT cracking down on 'Graffiti Highway' trespassing
- Police seize weapons from home of Horvath's father-in-law
- Police: Mom caught with meth, heroin, marijuana
- 3 accused of stealing $1,700 in merchandise from Mahoning Walmart
- 2 killed in Paradise Twp. motorcycle crash
- Conspiracy charge added against Penn State ex-administrators
- Candidate for Allentown mayor advised not to run
- Restoration of Penn Street Bridge in Reading well underway
- DOE rolls back transgender bathroom protections
- Easton 20-year plan envisioned
- Taxpayers' cost for Chris Christie security detail tops $2M
- Dunkin' Donuts helping to 'roast' hunger in Berks
- Building community by building birdhouses
- Transgender bathroom issue hits home in Berks
- Health Beat: Fixing frozen shoulder syndrome