TUNKHANNOCK, Pa. - State Police say four people are dead in a murder-suicide in a northeast Pennsylvania supermarket.
Troopers responded to a report of someone shooting people inside Weis Market in Eaton Township, about 25 miles northwest of Scranton, just before 1 a.m. Thursday.
Troopers found the bodies of three males and one female inside, along with one witness.
Authorities believe one of the males opened fire on the others before turning the gun on himself.
Authorities believe it is a contained incident and the public is not in danger.
The investigation is ongoing.
No names have been released.
Family and friends of a Monroe County teenager say he died from complications of the flu.Read More »
- AR-15 rifles to accompany church's blessing ceremony
- 2 more facing charges in relation to ESU stabbing
- Pennsylvania First Lady visits Palmerton area school
- Large bags banned from Cinemark movie theater
- Canadian man killed in skiing accident at Camelback
- 34-year-old facing charges in relation to possessing heroin
- Superintendent: 16 Parkland school buses destroyed, 14 damaged in fire
- Federal judges to hear Pennsylvania district map challenge
- PHOTOS: Fire destroys Parkland school buses
- Check in with Eve Russo and baby Maeve
- Life Lessons: Budgeting on a roller coaster income
- Man shot in the arm outside Allentown nightclub
- William Allen student arrested, charged with making threats
- Planners updated on Five City Center, Lafayette College projects
- Hearing on fracking draws dozens, many opposed
- Tractor-trailer wreck closes I-78 for hours Thursday night