BARRETT TOWNSHIP, Pa. - 5 people were charged after police responded to suspicious activity in the area of SR 390 and Golf Drive in Barrett Township.
The incident occurred shortly after noon Wednesday, when officers arrived at a residence in the 100 block of Golf Drive in which several of the people loitering did not live.
After the police arrived, a male was seen exiting the residence and running away through the woods. He was later identified as 34-year-old Edward Kulick of Canadensis, who was wanted on a county bench warrant. He was taken into custody and charged with flight to avoid apprehension.
Also at the scene, Kristle Wheaton, Matthew Morton and Misty Dean consented to a pat down search for weapons. During the pat down, Morton was found in possession of drug paraphernalia. The 28 year old from Saylorsburg now has drug charges filed against him.
An interior search of the residence revealed another man, 35-year-old Brian Brown, homeless, was hiding in the attic and wanted on a county bench warrant.
Further investigation at the property placed 33-year-old Dean of East Stroudsburg and 32-year-old Wheaton of Kresgeville in possession of drug paraphernalia. They will be charged via summons.
Visitors to the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area can use the hiking trails but not the bathrooms. The federal government shutdown means parts of the park are closed until further notice.Read More »
- Coroner confirms second death in Franklin Twp. fire
- Man dies after fire tears through house in Franklin Township
- 2 injured in Franklin Township house fire
- FERC approves PennEast pipeline project
- Diehard Eagles fan's friends were on target with this surprise
- $2.4 million invested into airport upgrades
- Tentative deal reached; Wilson School District strike averted
- Motorcycle split in half after crash in Northampton County
- Pa. Supreme Court throws out state's congressional map
- Residents complain about water in Lehigh County community
- Prosecution says Pawlowski a 'relentless fundraising machine'
- Pennsylvania GOP to seek a stop to gerrymandering case
- Pre-trial hearing held for one of two accused in Grace Packer's death
- Updated East Penn hiking taxes to state limit
- Updated Reading City Council updated on robberies
- Upper Saucon manager lauded for his contributions