BARRETT TOWNSHIP, Pa. - 5 people were charged after police responded to suspicious activity in the area of SR 390 and Golf Drive in Barrett Township.
The incident occurred shortly after noon Wednesday, when officers arrived at a residence in the 100 block of Golf Drive in which several of the people loitering did not live.
After the police arrived, a male was seen exiting the residence and running away through the woods. He was later identified as 34-year-old Edward Kulick of Canadensis, who was wanted on a county bench warrant. He was taken into custody and charged with flight to avoid apprehension.
Also at the scene, Kristle Wheaton, Matthew Morton and Misty Dean consented to a pat down search for weapons. During the pat down, Morton was found in possession of drug paraphernalia. The 28 year old from Saylorsburg now has drug charges filed against him.
An interior search of the residence revealed another man, 35-year-old Brian Brown, homeless, was hiding in the attic and wanted on a county bench warrant.
Further investigation at the property placed 33-year-old Dean of East Stroudsburg and 32-year-old Wheaton of Kresgeville in possession of drug paraphernalia. They will be charged via summons.
An alleged attempt to steal manhole covers has landed two men behind bars.Read More »
- Schuylkill River Heritage Area adopts new name, logo
- East Stroudsburg University faces over $5M budget deficit
- One Tank Trip: Pocono Indian Museum
- DA: Heroin dealer convicted in Monroe County
- DA: Business owner deceives customers, faces felony theft charges
- Lehigh Valley Hospital's Pocono West campus approved
- Heartwarming video lands local family on Ellen Show
- A tale of two mayors and a police station in East Greenville
- Santa and ABATE bring Christmas a little early
- Reading Holiday Parade brings out some holiday cheer
- $30,000 reward offered for man who shot and killed officer near Pittsburgh
- Chainsaw explosion kills man from York County
- AP: Wolf starting to look like 'two-term Tom' as 2018 approaches
- Last-minute Thanksgiving tips from ShopRite
- Reward offered for info on Hunterdon County arson
- History's Headlines: Firefighting in Bethlehem