EAST STROUDSBURG, Pa. - A man is in critical condition after being shot in the face on a pizza delivery.
Officers say they found a 58-year-old male suffering from a gunshot wound when they arrived in the 400 block of Normal Street in East Stroudsburg, just before 1:30 a.m. Monday.
The investigation revealed actor(s) called a Domino's Pizza in the East Stroudsburg area and requested a delivery to the property -- the ROTC office. When the driver arrived and exited the vehicle, he encountered the actor(s) who demanded his money.
Police say after he repeatedly denied he had any money, he was shot in the face and a money bag was removed from his person. The actor(s) fled the area and the victim was airlifted to Lehigh Valley Cedar Crest for treatment.
The Pennsylvania State Police report they presently have three individuals in custody for this incident and criminal charges are pending.
But despite this early morning shooting around East Stroudsburg University, students went to class as usual.
"It's kind of scary. This is where I'm coming to school and things like this happen," said Sophomore Emily Silvi.
Sophomore Josh Conrath heard about the incident from his roommate.
"He said somebody got shot and I was like where? He said you didn't hear the cops outside our house flying up and down the street?" Conrath said.
Later in the afternoon, state police focused on a nearby Hill Street apartment. Bags of evidence were taken, including a rifle box. Neighbors tell us a 17-year-old man stays in the apartment police were searching.
Despite constant news of nationwide shootings, including those at college campuses, students we spoke to say that it's not always something on their mind.
"But when I get an email about it then it's kind of like, on your mind or something you are thinking about," Silvi said.
Pro-gun church explains AR-15 marriage ceremony.Read More »
- New Jim-Thorpe one-dollar coins selling out fast
- Some Poconos students to relocate Wednesday due to blessing ceremony featuring AR-15s
- Pair charged in numerous robberies, thefts at Walmart stores
- Monroe County teenager dies from flu complications
- AR-15 rifles to accompany church's blessing ceremony
- 2 more facing charges in relation to ESU stabbing
- Caught on camera: Domino's workers apprehend armed robbery suspect
- Wallenpaupack School District responds to nearby church ceremony involving AR-15 rifles
- Indivisible Berks Holds Rally in Support of Unions in Preparation of Major Supreme Court Case
- Murphy promises gun control, but for now reviews policies
- Former Reading mayor Spencer's trial delayed
- Millions of BB&T customers affected by outage
- Joe Paterno movie coming to HBO
- Man arrested for domestic violence assault in Fleetwood
- Degas painting missing for 9 years found outside Paris
- Florida governor speaks out on Parkland shooting