WEST MAHANOY TWP., Pa. - A man has been charged with criminal homicide following a shooting that sent shock waves through a community in Schuylkill County.
Ronald Kozak opened fire during an argument with his next-door neighbor Saturday morning in the Shenandoah Heights area of West Mahanoy Township, state police said.
Kozak, 66, was charged with criminal homicide, aggravated assault and a slew of other charges in connection with the death of Joseph Boris, 60.
Kozak would not comment when approached by a 69 News crew Saturday night.
Troopers said the incident that turned deadly Saturday morning began with a verbal argument outside Kozak and Boris's homes in the 500 block of Indiana Avenue in West Mahanoy Township, before it escalated to violence around 11:30, when Kozak fired a single bullet into Boris' chest and killed him.
Police said it's the culmination of an ongoing property dispute between Kozak and Boris that dates back several years. But officials could did not elaborate beyond that.
Boris lived in his home with his wife, who was home at the time of the shooting.
Kozak is being held at Schuylkill County Prison.
Police in Schuylkill County say an argument escalated to the point that a man hit another person with his car on purpose.Read More »
- Woman arrested for arson in Minersville fire
- I-80 WB reopened after ATV and car wreck
- Eric Frein sentenced to death in trooper's slaying
- Convicted cop killer Eric Frein sentenced to death
- Minersville fire damages multiple homes
- Eric Frein sentenced to death
- Police standoff ends in Bethlehem; man taken out of home after 5 hours
- Updated PSP troopers injured in struggle with bar patron
- Quakertown CSD OKs proposed final budget
- Woman dies after being attacked by her dog in Upper Macungie
- Updated Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- Sunrise Chef: Sagra Bistro in Hellertown
- Police allege DUI suspect four times over the limit
- WFMZ says goodbye to Rosa Duarte
- Young woman tried using 83-year-old's ID to buy iPhones, police said
- Life Lessons: Calories in your cup of joe