CHESTNUT HILL TWP., Pa. - State Police in Monroe County say a 90-year-old woman was targeted in a copper theft.
Police said the theft happened sometime around 3:30 a.m. Thursday in the 1100 block of Green Mountain Drive in Chestnuthill Township.
Police said the thief or thieves used the basement door to get into the woman's home.
After cutting piping out of the basement, police said the thief or thieves tried to go upstairs, but fled when they were alarmed by the owner waking up.
Anyone with information is asked to call State Police in Fern Ridge at 570-646-2271.
- Fire guts attached garage, damages home in Rush Twp.
- Woman killed in 1-car crash going 120 mph
- Defense begins to present its case in Eric Frein trial penalty phase
- Fallen trooper's wife gives emotional testimony in trial
- Penalty phase starts in Eric Frein trial
- Schuylkill County issues temporary open burning ban
- Eric Frein's strategy to avoid death: Blame Dad
- Paramedic reunites with family he helped decades ago
- Runners take on St. Luke's Half Marathon
- 2.3 magnitude earthquake hits Lancaster County
- Trump nears 100 days: 'It's a different kind of presidency'
- Ex-clerk files federal lawsuit claiming Alpha Borough allowed sexual harassment
- State police: Trooper, 2 people in SUV injured in crash
- April the giraffe becomes a cash cow for tiny zoo
- Man working on NFL draft stage injured after fall
- Local libraries fight to survive cuts