EAST STROUDSBURG, Pa. - Additional charges have been filed against 27-year-old Angeliegha Stewart, the funeral director of Lanterman & Allen Funeral Home in East Stroudsburg.
Stewart was originally arrested and charged Sept. 22 for possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance, criminal use of a communication facility, abuse of corpse, possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia, and disorderly conduct and harassment.
During the ongoing investigation, Detective Kim Lippincott found Stewart accessed her Google account from another device and deleted multiple incriminating photographs, according to a news release from the Monroe County Office of the District Attorney.
Stewart manually placed two 'selfies' into her trash folder, which included one taken in the embalming room with a naked body behind her on a table. The other was taken in the viewing room with a body behind her being prepared for a service, the news release states.
The other two photographs she placed in the trash folder were of deceased people's faces.
Stewart is now charged with four counts of tampering with evidence -- a misdeamenor -- and will appear in court at a later date.
The investigation is still ongoing.
With the help of the staff at Lanterman & Allen, Lippincott identified all individuals involved and notified all of the victims' families.
According to the news release, approximately 16 different families have been impacted. The funeral home is fully cooperating with detectives.
- Yuengling adds new beer to product portfolio
- ESU president announces new security measures for campus
- Wife who plotted husband's murder sentenced to 18-48 months
- Bullet found on floor at Panther Valley Junior Senior High
- Fmr. Lansford council president heads to Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition
- ESU president apologizes to student stabbed on campus
- Updated 69News Snow Patrol: Lehigh County (2 p.m.)
- 69News Snow Patrol: Northampton County (1 p.m.)
- Updated YOUR PHOTOS: Fourth major winter storm in 3 weeks
- Updated WATCH: Jeff Bolden's traffic update (2:30 p.m.)
- Updated DA to hold news conference on violent drug trafficking group
- Updated Lehigh Valley Auto Show delays Thursday opening
- Updated Allentown opens parking decks to residents
- Updated LANta shuts down routes Wednesday afternoon
- Updated Some Reading garages opened for free parking during storm
- Updated Berks County snow totals: How much have you seen?