Attorney General Josh Shapiro announced Friday charges against eight Monroe and Carbon County drug and illegal gun dealers.
Agents began making a series of controlled drug purchases from ring members last September and through the execution of search warrants on multiple residences, investigators seized nearly 40 handguns, ammunition, heroin, pills and other drugs.
Shapiro says the dealers sold $1.3 million in heroin, crystal meth and other narcotics over a 20-month period in Stroudsburg, Albrightsville and surrounding areas.
Investigators determined Eric Waldron, 45, of Saylorsburg as the ringleader of the drug ring; Eric Borger, 55, of Kunkletown as the ring's main supplier of illegal guns; Dorthea Price, 57, of Albrightsville as the heroin supplier, and the crystal meth supplier as William "Spanky" Shannon IV, 43, of Stroudsburg, according to a news release.
Officials say Waldron was incarcerated last October on unrelated charges and during that time his girlfriend, Paula Brown, 39, of Long Pond, told an informant she was running the ring.
In addition to those previously named, these additional defendants have been charged: William Rutt Jr., 51, of Saylorsburg; Joseph St. Clair, 58, of East Stroudsburg; and Melissa Dennis, 40, of East Stroudsburg.
The charges include corrupt organizations and possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance.
Shapiro says five defendants were arraigned Friday, but three remain at large including Melissa Dennis, Paula Brown and Eric Waldron.
The person was hit on Route 611 at Knob Road in Mount Pocono around 2:20 a.m. Friday.Read More »
- Two men arrested before drug sale in East Stroudsburg
- Berks-based uniform company to close plant near Frackville
- Dog the Bounty Hunter to join search for Shawn Christy
- Father of fugitive Shawn Christy makes plea to son
- Police search for missing Schuylkill County girl
- Tobyhanna Township to receive new wells
- More humid, cloudy Friday but mostly dry during the day
- Updated Bomb squad called to Whitehall home after 'unspecified device' found
- 1 year after Hurricane Maria: Vigil held to honor lives lost
- Sister of former S. Whitehall Twp. police officer speaks out
- Pedestrian killed in crash on Route 611 in Mount Pocono
- Lower Macungie OKs second phase of Stone Hill Meadows
- DEP holds air quality hearing on East Rockhill quarry
- Former Reading news anchor, voice of Boscov's passes away
- Thousands of fans at FirstEnergy Stadium for Gridiron Classic
- Berks commissioner reacts to City Hall controversy