HANOVER TWP., Pa. - Air Products is closing its manufacturing facility near Wilkes-Barre in Luzerne County.
A spokesperson for the company said workers were notified Wednesday the plant will close August 1. About 75 employees will lose their jobs.
The facility manufactures a specialized liquefied natural gas heat exchanger, the company said, but there has been a decrease in the market for the product.
Air Products also manufactures the product at a plant in Florida.
- East Stroudsburg Salvation Army needs a little help this year
- Thieves steal $100K from scrap metal company
- Pizza delivery driver shot in East Stroudsburg dies
- State Police: Trooper fires on man after he points weapon
- Neighbors of shooting victim 'devastated' by pizza delivery incident
- Pizza delivery driver ambushed, shot; 3 charged with attempted homicide
- Updated Police: Armed man barricades himself inside Quakertown home
- 2 charged in Monroe burglaries
- Updated Police identify man accused of shooting ex-girlfriend, her new boyfriend
- PHOTOS: Ribbon cutting ceremony on Kenhorst Boulevard
- History's Headlines: Christmas constroversy
- Valley Forge Baptist Academy handbell choir performs Christmas classics
- Spirit of Giving: Allentown Rescue Mission
- Raszler defense attorney requests evidence from Horvath trial
- Like a real-life Hoth, Star Wars fans brave the snow
- Ashley's Angels making Christmas miracles in Berks County