STROUDSBURG, Pa. - Several stretches of major roads were closed throughout Monroe County Saturday, according to Monroe County dispatchers.
Major highways including I-80 have been reopened.
Routes 611 and 196 have been reopened.
I-380 is now open.
Traffic had been snarled on I-80, I-380 and other major roads in Monroe County due to the effects of the snowy and windy conditions Friday afternoon and night.
As of 8:26 a.m. Sunday:
Route 402 is closed in Middle Smithfield Township due to a downed tree and wires.
Route 209 in Smithfield Township closed due to downed tree in wires.
PA 191 in Stroudsburg in both directions between Sarah Street and Phillips Street closed, all lanes.
PA 715 in Pocono Township closed in both directions between Cherry Lane Church Road and Sylvan Cascade Road due to downed tree in wires.
US 209 northbound in Hamilton Township closed between Exit US 209 Bus-Sciota and Exit in Snydersville. All lanes closed.
Route 209 in both directions between Gilbert Road and Fairgrounds Road is closed in Chestnut Hill Township due to downed tree and wires.
Route 447 is closed in Barrett Township due to a downed tree and wires.
Route 191 is closed in Paradise Township and Barrett Township due to a downed tree and wires.
As of 6 p.m. Saturday:
Route 534 is closed in Polk Township due to a downed tree and wires.
PennDOT officials say a number of smaller roads are closed as well.
A number of smaller roads continue to be closed across the county Sunday morning.
LINK: PENNDOT TRAFFIC CAMERAS
PennDOT is continuing to treat roadways in the area and will continue until roads are all clear, according to a PennDOT news release.
Dispatchers said there were widespread power outages in the county.
Motorists can check road conditions on www.511PA.com.
The Luzerne County coroner's office says 43-year-old Jason Evans of Clarks Summit died from an apparent electrocution.Read More »
- Man dies in Schuylkill County motorcycle crash
- Hope & Coffee offers employment opportunity for those in recovery
- Schuylkill County man killed in bicycle accident
- Annual river clean-up removes trash from Delaware river
- State police seeking public's help as it investigates I-81 death
- Breakdown: Search develops for man accused of threatening leaders
- Passenger involved in Route 100 crash dies 1 week later
- Northampton County agrees to go green with renewable energy project
- 'Bark for Life' unites dog lovers in Berks County
- Lift touches power line at industrial park, killing worker
- 'Bikes for Babes' campaign provides hundreds of bicycles to children
- Zucchini racers took their mark at Easton Farmers' Market
- Money Matters: Home projects
- Annual Blueberry Festival returns to Bethlehem
- Police continue to investigate Palmer Township fatal crash
- Police investigate truck theft from Shillington Farmers Market