STROUDSBURG, Pa. - Several stretches of major roads were closed throughout Monroe County Saturday, according to Monroe County dispatchers.
Major highways including I-80 have been reopened.
Routes 611 and 196 have been reopened.
I-380 is now open.
Traffic had been snarled on I-80, I-380 and other major roads in Monroe County due to the effects of the snowy and windy conditions Friday afternoon and night.
As of 8:26 a.m. Sunday:
Route 402 is closed in Middle Smithfield Township due to a downed tree and wires.
Route 209 in Smithfield Township closed due to downed tree in wires.
PA 191 in Stroudsburg in both directions between Sarah Street and Phillips Street closed, all lanes.
PA 715 in Pocono Township closed in both directions between Cherry Lane Church Road and Sylvan Cascade Road due to downed tree in wires.
US 209 northbound in Hamilton Township closed between Exit US 209 Bus-Sciota and Exit in Snydersville. All lanes closed.
Route 209 in both directions between Gilbert Road and Fairgrounds Road is closed in Chestnut Hill Township due to downed tree and wires.
Route 447 is closed in Barrett Township due to a downed tree and wires.
Route 191 is closed in Paradise Township and Barrett Township due to a downed tree and wires.
As of 6 p.m. Saturday:
Route 534 is closed in Polk Township due to a downed tree and wires.
PennDOT officials say a number of smaller roads are closed as well.
A number of smaller roads continue to be closed across the county Sunday morning.
LINK: PENNDOT TRAFFIC CAMERAS
PennDOT is continuing to treat roadways in the area and will continue until roads are all clear, according to a PennDOT news release.
Dispatchers said there were widespread power outages in the county.
Motorists can check road conditions on www.511PA.com.
- 5 Schuylkill County boroughs, townships nominated as Opportunity Zones
- Air pistol, pocket knife found on Pottsville Area HS student
- 6 face felony charges in relation to stealing $336K from Pa. agency
- Local counties receive funding for summer internship programs
- Mount Pocono man wanted for homicide in Wayne County
- 32-year-old faces charges for alleged sexual assault in Monroe County
- With a film in the works, fans fight over Wawa/Sheetz debate
- Second amendment rally, voter registration drive held at local schools
- Pawlowski's attorney files motion for acquittal
- Students encouraged by National School Walkout Day
- Cosby's attorneys attempt to raise doubt about timeframe of assault
- Local jazz band keeps spirits alive in Allentown
- Muhlenberg College kicks off Earth Day with festival
- Police investigate body found in Monroe County
- Berks students walk out of schools to protest gun violence
- Local 5th graders deliver food to those in need