NESCOPECK, Pa. - A three-year-old Luzerne County girl, apparently taken by her father early Friday morning, was found several hours later in New York City.
The reported abduction of three-year-old Ava Byrne by Robert Byrne, 24, prompted the Pennsylvania State Police to issue an Amber Alert.
The girl, wearing only a diaper, was last seen in the borough of Nescopeck around 12:30 a.m., police said.
No other details about the case were immediately available.
A doctor in the Poconos has landed his dream job working at the Winter Olympics in his native South Korea.Read More »
- Lehigh County coroner looking for next of kin
- Several service events to honor Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Neighbors shaken after murder suicide in Tobyhanna
- Man, teenage girl fatally shot in apparent murder-suicide
- Rain, wind cause downed trees, wires across region
- Hazleton Ponzi scheme highlighted in new Netflix movie
- Updated Snow Tuesday into early Wednesday; 1-3" south, 3-6" north
- Updated Pocono doctor picked to work as translator at Olympics
- Updated Volunteers clean up for Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Updated Hamburg church after fire: 'God will get us through'
- Updated Red Cross, UGI team up to install smoke detectors in Berks
- Updated MLK Jr. Day recognized with 'day of service' in Berks
- Local business owner guesses the right price
- Allentown group uses MLK Day to focus on students in district
- Reading immigrants share their stories with library audience
- Sinkhole robs 7 families of their Bethlehem homes