NESCOPECK, Pa. - A three-year-old Luzerne County girl, apparently taken by her father early Friday morning, was found several hours later in New York City.
The reported abduction of three-year-old Ava Byrne by Robert Byrne, 24, prompted the Pennsylvania State Police to issue an Amber Alert.
The girl, wearing only a diaper, was last seen in the borough of Nescopeck around 12:30 a.m., police said.
No other details about the case were immediately available.
The incident was reported around midnight Sunday.Read More »
- Benefit basketball game played to honor former Schuylkill Valley student
- Coroner called to crash in West Penn Township
- 66-year-old stabbed by juvenile, ruled a homicide
- Stroudsburg teen immerses herself in Irish dancing
- Allentown men charged after fatal crash involving stolen van
- St. Luke's weight management program comes to Monroe County
- Updated Multiple crews battle large fire at former Trainers Inn in Carbon County
- A pleasant day to cap off St. Patrick's Day weekend
- Updated Allentown Police: Kevin Esterly arrested, Amy Yu located in Mexico
- Mother, brother react to Allentown teen Amy Yu being found in Mexico
- Updated Hundreds celebrate St. Patrick's Day aboard the Colebrookdale Railroad
- Fire damages apartment building in Coopersburg
- Updated War of words between James Comey and Donald Trump
- Bethlehem pulls together to hold St. Patrick's Day parade
- Allentown's St. Patrick's Day parade to be held Sunday
- Firefighters douse Allentown fire, 1 family temporarily displaced