HAMILTON TOWNSHIP, Pa. - Old Timber Road in Hamilton Township, Monroe County was a crime scene Tuesday. Just after midnight gunfire ripped through the community.
"I saw and heard five shots fired," explained neighbor Elsie Lutjens.
Thirty-nine-year-old Darcey Kravchenko was dead. State Police quickly got to work combing for evidence and hunting down suspects.
Late Tuesday, three people were behind bars: 22-year-old Bruce Murray Jr, 20-year-old Jacqueline Harrigan and 16-year-old Dygunn Mitchell, who is being charged as an adult.
Arrest paperwork outlines how an innocent man was killed and the deadly attack went down.
According to the documents, after their friends were "robbed" Monday during a drug deal, Murray and Harrigan rounded up two gang members and went to confront the two crooks.
Investigators say the group drove past the mobile home because they thought Kravchenko's son may have been one of the people who ripped them off. The two gang members started shooting, Mitchell admitted to police he fired multiple shots.
The paperwork shows no one knew Kravchenko had been hit until police were on scene. The husband and father was discovered lying in a "large pool of blood."
"He was sleeping in the back bedroom. He then heard the shots, stood up out of the bed. Apparently at that point he was shot in the head by one of the stray bullets," described Monroe County Coroner Bob Allen. "He laid there for a period of time till they discovered him."
Murray, Harrigan and Mitchell all face four charges including criminal homicide and conspiracy to commit homicide. Other arrests are possible.
The trio is being held without bail. They're due back in court on January 27th.
A Schuylkill County man was arrested over the weekend, after police say he fired his gun near his neighbor's family gathering.Read More »
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Man's 'suspicious' death in Frackville ruled a homicide
- Alpine Mountain Ski area sold
- Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- 2 people killed in fiery crash on I-81 in Schuylkill County
- Man charged in Palmerton driveway paving scam
- Health Beat: 5 ways to protect your eyes from aging
- Fallen heroes honored at City Park in Reading
- Memorial Day celebrations in Berks County
- Police in Berks County investigating discovery of ATM skimmer
- A shower/some drizzle this afternoon
- Authorities ID victim in fatal Penn Township crash
- Nazareth woman dies days after being struck by vehicle
- Man tells Allentown police he was stabbed in the back while walking along the street
- Walker Twp. man arrested for firing gun near neighbor's family gathering
- Life Lessons: The nurse who paints her patients