EAST BRUNSWICK TWP., Pa. - Thieves took advantage of a closed-down restaurant in East Brunswick Township, Schuylkill County.
State police said someone stole several copper tea kettles and a large antique National Cash Register made of brass from Smith's Country Inn on Church Street.
The cash register is worth about $3,000, officials said.
The burglary happened sometime between May 22 and June 2, police said.
Anyone with information is asked to call State Police Trooper Michael Allar at 570-874-5300.
A person who was a regular customer of the former restaurant told 69 News the cash register had been in use for many decades.
- East Stroudsburg Salvation Army needs a little help this year
- Thieves steal $100K from scrap metal company
- Pizza delivery driver shot in East Stroudsburg dies
- State Police: Trooper fires on man after he points weapon
- Neighbors of shooting victim 'devastated' by pizza delivery incident
- Pizza delivery driver ambushed, shot; 3 charged with attempted homicide
- Updated Allentown man hit, killed by car while running across I-78
- Police: Armed man barricades himself inside Quakertown home
- Community comes together to support Lukens family
- Mother of fallen Berks serviceman speaks at Wreaths Across America
- Updated Allentown man charged in shooting of ex-girlfriend, her boyfriend
- 2 charged in Monroe burglaries
- PHOTOS: Ribbon cutting ceremony on Kenhorst Boulevard
- History's Headlines: Christmas constroversy
- Valley Forge Baptist Academy handbell choir performs Christmas classics
- Spirit of Giving: Allentown Rescue Mission