ALBANY TWP., Pa. - A man's run from the law has again come to an end near the border between Berks and Lehigh counties.
U.S. Marshals said they apprehended Harvey Shaner on Tuesday at his girlfriend's home in the 7600 block of Dresher Road in Lynn Township, Lehigh County.
Shaner had been sought since December 22, when he walked away from the federal prison in Butler Township, Schuylkill County, where he is serving a 51-month sentence for his guilty plea in a 2016 fraud case, officials said.
Shaner was initially apprehended at his girlfriend's home in October, after a five-hour search of the woods in that area. At the time, he had failed to report to federal authorities to begin serving his sentence, officials said.
Officials say Daniel Palmitessa, of Columbia, New Jersey, sexually assaulted two female juveniles when he lived in his prior residence in Stroudsburg.Read More »
- Schuylkill County man pleads guilty to bank robbery
- 2nd man sentenced in crash that killed man, pregnant woman
- Groceries, everyday items delivered to your Stroudsburg door
- Volunteers undertake massive cleanup of Pocono Creek
- 1 killed, 2 hurt in Monroe County DUI crash
- Lehigh Gap Nature Center conducts controlled burning on Blue Mountain
- Reading woman wins man's heart...and his kidney
- Time to spring clean your digital life
- Car lands on roof on Skyline Drive in Lower Alsace
- Search continues in Berks for Southwest jet's missing pieces
- Updated South Whitehall getting new police cars, equipment
- PennDOT replacing pipe beneath Easton Road, Lower Saucon
- Updated Reading Schools committee approves renovation project
- Leesport bridge replacement delay frustrates residents
- Shoppers sad to say bye-bye to Bon-Ton
- Crime Alert celebrates 20th anniversary by honoring Barbeys