ALBANY TWP., Pa. - A man's run from the law has again come to an end near the border between Berks and Lehigh counties.
U.S. Marshals said they apprehended Harvey Shaner on Tuesday at his girlfriend's home in the 7600 block of Dresher Road in Lynn Township, Lehigh County.
Shaner had been sought since December 22, when he walked away from the federal prison in Butler Township, Schuylkill County, where he is serving a 51-month sentence for his guilty plea in a 2016 fraud case, officials said.
Shaner was initially apprehended at his girlfriend's home in October, after a five-hour search of the woods in that area. At the time, he had failed to report to federal authorities to begin serving his sentence, officials said.
- Diehard Eagles fan's friends were on target with this surprise
- $2.4 million invested into airport upgrades
- Dick's to expand hours, offer championship gear if Eagles win
- Local corporations raise funds with United Way campaign
- New distribution center in Tobyhanna Twp. to create 80 jobs
- Police: Winery owners unlawfully recorded customers, employees
- Eagles rout Vikings, advance to Super Bowl LII
- Sinkhole opens under home in North Catasauqua, forcing demolition
- Tilghman Street Bridge rehabilitation to begin next week
- Firefighters quickly extinguish Pottstown apartment fire
- Fire causes heavy damage to Longswamp Twp. home
- Hope Outlet holds grand opening
- PennEast Pipeline approved, but some say battle is not over
- Women's marches, rallies held across nation Saturday
- Firefighters quickly douse Easton church fire
- Violent car crash occurs near Sands Casino in Bethlehem