BARTONSVILLE, Pa. - The U.S. Department of Justice is coming down hard on a Poconos hotel that allegedly profited from sex and drug trafficking.
Federal prosecutors have filed felony charges against the company that owns and operates a hotel in Bartonsville, Monroe County along with the manager of the hotel.
According to the criminal complaint, sex and drug trafficking had been ongoing since 2014 at 1779 North 9th Street, which is the current address for a Howard Johnson's.
The DOJ says the hotel operator, Om Sri Sai Incorporated, and manager Faizal Bhimani facilitated and profited from drug trafficking and commercial sex induced by force, fraud and coercion."
Family and friends of a Monroe County teenager say he died from complications of the flu.Read More »
- AR-15 rifles to accompany church's blessing ceremony
- 2 more facing charges in relation to ESU stabbing
- Pennsylvania First Lady visits Palmerton area school
- Large bags banned from Cinemark movie theater
- Canadian man killed in skiing accident at Camelback
- 34-year-old facing charges in relation to possessing heroin
- Updated Multi-vehicle crash closes I-78 East at Exit 60
- Investigation begins into why metal pole falls, kills driver in Lehigh Tunnel
- Pa. Senate leaders, US congressmen sue over district map
- Franklin Street Station on track for opening of gastropub
- FERC responds to numerous PennEast rehearing requests
- Updated Prosecution begins grilling Mayor Pawlowski in pay-to-play trial
- Monroe County teenager dies from flu complications
- Affordable housing in Lehigh Valley out of reach for many
- Pa. Turnpike commission calls death a 'freak accident'
- Pawlowski heard on tape confronting former campaign manager Mike Fleck