The weather isn't ideal to go jump in a lake right now, but be advised that state park officials have closed the swimming beach area at Beltzville State Park as a precaution due to unacceptable water test results.
Daily water sampling and testing have begun and the beach, which was closed Tuesday evening, will be reopened for swimming when acceptable water tests results are received.
State park officials did not say why the water quality is unacceptable for swimming, but the beach sometimes is closed because of fecal coliform bacteria.
The park remains open for picnicking, hiking, boating, fishing, etc.
The food/refreshment concession and boat rental concession are open for business as usual.
For the latest information, contact the park office at 610-377-0045 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily.
- Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- 2 people killed in fiery crash on I-81 in Schuylkill County
- Man charged in Palmerton driveway paving scam
- Schuylkill man to appear in court; accused of leaving 3 young children alone, 1 in 'cage'
- Stroudsburg church to begin 'organ' transplant
- PennEast Pipeline would fuel Blue Mountain expansion
- Teacher who had sex with student in cemetery going back to jail
- Police raid home in Phillipsburg
- Man killed in crash with fire truck in Allen Township identified
- One Freddy winner's emotional day
- Boyertown State Theatre goes digital
- Police: Teen shot in Pottstown
- Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival right around the corner
- BK's Helping Hands lives up to the name
- Camelback Road bridge reopens
- Alpine Mountain Ski area sold