LEHIGHTON, Pa. - Beltzville Lake Beach is, again, closed following bacteria tests of the water.
The beach has been closed a number of times this summer due to high bacteria levels. The closure is often blamed on excessive geese feces.
The Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (DCNR) closed the beach to swimmers Wednesday. Water sampling tests were done Monday.
Beltzville State Park is located in Lehighton, Carbon County and offers swimming, picnic areas, fishing and hiking trails.
- Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- Police activity prompts 'secure in place' measure at Pleasant Valley School District
- VIDEO: Frein given additional prison time
- Woman arrested for arson in Minersville fire
- I-80 WB reopened after ATV and car wreck
- Eric Frein sentenced to death in trooper's slaying
- Vehicle hits Berks apartment building; 2 families displaced
- Phantoms eliminated from playoffs
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- Bethlehem Twp. police search for purse snatchers
- Birdsboro church closes its doors after 180 years
- Fans rally to support Phantoms hockey
- Yo ho ho! Pennsylvania aims to smash US embargo on Cuban rum
- Girlfriend's on-air killing drives anchorman into politics
- New Salvation Army opens in Berks
- First responders practice emergency preparedness at LVIA