It was a short swimming season at a popular lake in Carbon County.
The Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (DCNR) closed the beach at Beltzville State Park for swimming on Thursday, due to high levels of bacteria from water samples taken from the lake on June 3.
The beach will remain closed as a precaution until acceptable water sample results are in, officials said.
The Beltzville State Park, located at 2950 Pohopoco Dr., about five miles east of
Other activities at the park, including picnicking, fishing, boating and hiking, are still available.
The same issue forced officials to close the beach for swimming for three days in August 2013.
Eric Frein has been convicted of multiple charges, including the killing of a state trooper in an ambush attack.Read More »
- Eric Frein's strategy to avoid death: Blame Dad
- Fire guts attached garage, damages home in Rush Twp.
- Woman killed in 1-car crash going 120 mph
- Defense begins to present its case in Eric Frein trial penalty phase
- Fallen trooper's wife gives emotional testimony in trial
- Penalty phase starts in Eric Frein trial
- Trial begins for accused getaway driver in 2015 killing spree
- Eric Frein sentencing continues Monday, focus shifts to Frein's father
- Updated Small earthquake rattles parts of Pennsylvania
- Updated Mango tells Republicans he'll seek gubernatorial nomination
- Updated Police arrest third man allegedly tied to drug deal assault
- Updated Mostly cloudy with a bit of rain this afternoon; rain continues through early Wednesday
- Street closures scheduled for downtown Allentown this week
- Pet owners learn animal CPR to help their furry friends
- Life Lessons: 3 Jars
- State police: 1 killed in crash with State Police vehicle