LEHIGHTON, Pa. - A popular Carbon County swimming area is closed to swimmers for the second time in a week.
Officials with the Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (DCNR) announced it has closed the Beltzville Lake Beach to swimming as of Thursday.
The DCNR said samples from Tuesday showed high bacterial counts.
As a precaution, the beach at Beltzville State Park will remain closed until the DCNR receives acceptable water samples.
All other activities at the state park, including picnicking, fishing, boating and hiking, are still available.
The DCNR closed the park on June 5 for the same reason, and reopened the park on Friday.
- Fire guts attached garage, damages home in Rush Twp.
- Woman killed in 1-car crash going 120 mph
- Defense begins to present its case in Eric Frein trial penalty phase
- Fallen trooper's wife gives emotional testimony in trial
- Penalty phase starts in Eric Frein trial
- Schuylkill County issues temporary open burning ban
- Eric Frein's strategy to avoid death: Blame Dad
- Paramedic reunites with family he helped decades ago
- Runners take on St. Luke's Half Marathon
- 2.3 magnitude earthquake hits Lancaster County
- Trump nears 100 days: 'It's a different kind of presidency'
- Ex-clerk files federal lawsuit claiming Alpha Borough allowed sexual harassment
- State police: Trooper, 2 people in SUV injured in crash
- April the giraffe becomes a cash cow for tiny zoo
- Man working on NFL draft stage injured after fall
- Local libraries fight to survive cuts