LEHIGHTON, Pa. - Swimmers will have to find another place for a dip Wednesday--Beltzville Lake Beach is closed for swimming.
The Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (DCNR) closed the beach due to high bacteria levels.
As a precaution, the beach will remain closed until the DCNR receives acceptable water samples.
This issue has plagued the beach several times this summer, and officials say geese droppings contribute to the problem.
Other activities at the park, including picnicking, fishing, boating and hiking, are still available.
Crews responded to the fire in the 300 block of Fairview Street in Rush Township Saturday morning.Read More »
- Woman killed in 1-car crash going 120 mph
- Defense begins to present its case in Eric Frein trial penalty phase
- Fallen trooper's wife gives emotional testimony in trial
- Penalty phase starts in Eric Frein trial
- Schuylkill County issues temporary open burning ban
- Eric Frein found guilty, sentencing phase set to get underway
- Sunday to be milder with sun, high clouds
- President Trump will celebrate 100-day benchmark with rally in Harrisburg
- Berks man who turned life around is giving back to humane society
- Updated April the giraffe becomes a cash cow for tiny zoo
- Man working on NFL draft stage injured after fall
- Local libraries fight to survive cuts
- Fishing event makes dreams come true
- Legendary coach honored in Kutztown
- Giant issues recall of Atkins burritos, Lay's Kettle Cooked chips
- Pennsylvania launches tax amnesty program