LEHIGHTON, Pa. - Swimmers heading to Carbon County can get back in the water.
The Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (PCNR) reopened the beach Friday at Beltzville State Park near Lehighton.
The lake had closed for swimming activities earlier in the week due to high bacteria levels.
The beach has had to prohibit swimming several times this summer for the high bacteria, usually associated with goose poop.
- Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- Police activity prompts 'secure in place' measure at Pleasant Valley School District
- VIDEO: Frein given additional prison time
- Woman arrested for arson in Minersville fire
- I-80 WB reopened after ATV and car wreck
- Eric Frein sentenced to death in trooper's slaying
- Today cooler, closer to seasonable with more clouds than sun
- Updated Yo ho ho! Pennsylvania aims to smash US embargo on Cuban rum
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- President Trump signs executive order on trade while in Pennsylvania
- Girlfriend's on-air killing drives anchorman into politics
- New Salvation Army opens in Berks
- First responders practice emergency preparedness at LVIA
- Crews rescue woman from Allentown fire
- Mahoning Drive-in Theatre is open for business
- Almost like summer at FirstEnergy Stadium