SHEPPTON, Pa. - Someone in Schuylkill County is facing heat for stealing the heat.
Police in Schuylkill County are investigating a bizarre burglary in which several feet of aluminum baseboard heaters were stolen from a Sheppton home.
State Police said the burglary happened sometime between March 5 and April 5 at a home in the 900 block of Center Street in Sheppton.
Police said the burglar or burglars got into the home after cutting a screen on a rear door. Once inside, a door to an adjoining residence was pried open.
Items stolen include several feet of aluminum baseboard heaters, a 100-gallon water heater and jewelry box containing various pieces of costume jewelry.
Anyone with information is asked to call State Police in Frackville at 570-874-5300.
The younger sister of a man who fatally shot a Pennsylvania State Police trooper in a 2014 ambush says he was her "protector" against their abusive parents.Read More »
- Fire destroys home in Schuylkill Township
- Shenandoah Sentinel creator has big plans
- Eric Frein's father, mother testify during penalty phase
- BonTon carries Pottsville pottery-maker's products
- Judge refuses competency hearing for police ambush killer
- Eric Frein sentencing continues Monday, focus shifts to Frein's father
- Updated Northampton DA to announce findings in baby's 2016 death at day care
- Updated Police ambush gunman's sister calls him her 'protector'
- Standing-room-only crowd wants Troxell to be next Phillipsburg School District superintendent
- Berks executive convicted of stealing from company to be sentenced
- Updated NASCAR star Dale Earnhardt Jr. to retire at end of season
- 5K aims to promote importance of flexibility
- Four visits by Easton police equal one arrest
- Life Lessons: Grandparents get geeky
- Commission set to vote on New Jersey statehouse renovations
- Periods of rain or drizzle today; spotty rain or drizzle continues through early tomorrow