CHESTNUTHILL TOWNSHIP, Pa. - A head-on collision on Route 115 in Monroe County killed a Blakeslee woman Monday afternoon.
According to Pennsylvania State Police, the wreck occurred around 4:10 p.m. just north of Brookmont Drive in Chestnuthill Township.
Police say a Ford Explorer, driven by an unidentified 17-year-old girl, crossed the center line and struck a Lexus RX 330 driven by Diamilatou Bah, 53, of Blakeslee.
Bah died at the scene. The 17-year-old Bethlehem teen was transported to a local hospital with major injuries to her lower body.
The road was closed for more than four hours between Bunny Lane and Treible Drive as a result.
The investigation is ongoing.
Gov. Tom Wolf announced Thursday more than $2.8 million in funding for local summer internship programs across Pennsylvania.Read More »
- Mount Pocono man wanted for homicide in Wayne County
- 32-year-old faces charges for alleged sexual assault in Monroe County
- Schuylkill County man pleads guilty to bank robbery
- 2nd man sentenced in crash that killed man, pregnant woman
- Groceries, everyday items delivered to your Stroudsburg door
- Volunteers undertake massive cleanup of Pocono Creek
- Updated Democratic candidates debate hot-button issues
- Terrifying health scare gets couple into running
- Updated Berks County philanthropist warmly remembered
- Lower Macungie hikes fee for developers
- Updated Northampton County disbanding gaming authority
- Lehigh Valley teams going to World Finals in scholastic competition
- Police ask retailers to be on lookout for gift card scams
- Berks funeral home invites condolences to Bush family
- Crews clear logjam from Schuylkill River near Douglassville
- Magic returns to Reading with reopening of Mingus Magic Shop