POCONO TOWNSHIP, Pa. - Pocono Township Manager Donna Asure confirmed a conditional use application from Brookdale Enterprises was approved to use the previous Brookdale Resort as a drug and alcohol treatment center.
The application was approved at the township's Aug. 15 conditional use hearing at St. Luke's Ambulance.
According to the project description, "The Brookdale Treatment Resort will be an inpatient drug and alcohol rehabilitation center developed in phases with a proposed ultimate capacity of 196 beds."
In the conditional use application, it stated "Brookdale Treatment Resort will be a private, sub-acute and freestanding Inpatient Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Center. The facility will be licensed by and under the jurisdiction of the Pennsylvania Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs. This co-ed facility will provide patients, who are at least 18 years of age, with treatment for chemical dependency. The Treatment Resort will be a self-contained facility located in a rural, tranquil setting that permits patients to engage in the process of self-reflection and change, leading to recovery from dependency and a return to chemical-free, productive life."
Read the full application here.
An alleged attempt to steal manhole covers has landed two men behind bars.Read More »
- Schuylkill River Heritage Area adopts new name, logo
- East Stroudsburg University faces over $5M budget deficit
- One Tank Trip: Pocono Indian Museum
- DA: Heroin dealer convicted in Monroe County
- DA: Business owner deceives customers, faces felony theft charges
- Lehigh Valley Hospital's Pocono West campus approved
- 132 residents in Chester County senior facility as fire began
- Coach on hurt Lonnie Walker: 'He's going to play in Reading'
- Updated Rockefeller appeals denial to rezone East Allen Twp. land
- Updated South Whitehall approves Phase 2 of Nestle-Purina expansion
- Updated Judge drops charges against suspect in 2015 home invasion
- Updated Reading police, family seek help locating missing teen
- State troopers hold card drive for Cpl. Seth Kelly
- Criminal homicide charges upheld in fatal July 4th shooting
- Colebrookdale reveals reason for firing its police chief
- Pottstown man arrested in road rage shooting on Route 100