MOUNT POCONO, Pa. - A Northampton County cop is accused of trying to cover up his wife's alleged affair with a 14-year-old boy.
Officials say Bushkill Township Police Officer and Mount Pocono Borough Councilman Keith Transue never reported an alleged relationship between his wife, Robin, and the boy.
He's also accused of persuading the boy's parents not to tell the police.
Transue is charged with obstruction of justice and failing to report child abuse.
In a bizarre twist, his wife was charged previously with trying to hire a hitman to kill her husband when he threatened to report the affair.
Robin Transue was charged last year with sexually assaulting a minor.
Keith Transue is due back in court next month.
Family and friends of a Monroe County teenager say he died from complications of the flu.Read More »
- AR-15 rifles to accompany church's blessing ceremony
- 2 more facing charges in relation to ESU stabbing
- Pennsylvania First Lady visits Palmerton area school
- Large bags banned from Cinemark movie theater
- Canadian man killed in skiing accident at Camelback
- 34-year-old facing charges in relation to possessing heroin
- Police searching for missing man with dementia
- Man shot in the face in Allentown
- Pa. Senate leaders, US congressmen sue over district map
- Franklin Street Station on track for opening of gastropub
- FERC responds to numerous PennEast rehearing requests
- Updated Planners updated on Five City Center, Lafayette College projects
- Updated Hearing on fracking draws dozens, many opposed
- Tractor-trailer wreck closes I-78 for hours Thursday night
- Gov. Mifflin parents sound off about safety concerns
- Witness recalls scene of deadly Lehigh Valley conduit collapse