MOUNT POCONO, Pa. - A Northampton County cop is accused of trying to cover up his wife's alleged affair with a 14-year-old boy.
Officials say Bushkill Township Police Officer and Mount Pocono Borough Councilman Keith Transue never reported an alleged relationship between his wife, Robin, and the boy.
He's also accused of persuading the boy's parents not to tell the police.
Transue is charged with obstruction of justice and failing to report child abuse.
In a bizarre twist, his wife was charged previously with trying to hire a hitman to kill her husband when he threatened to report the affair.
Robin Transue was charged last year with sexually assaulting a minor.
Keith Transue is due back in court next month.
- Pizza delivery driver shot in East Stroudsburg dies
- State Police: Trooper fires on man after he points weapon
- Neighbors of shooting victim 'devastated' by pizza delivery incident
- Pizza delivery driver ambushed, shot; 3 charged with attempted homicide
- 3, including a 17-year-old boy, charged in pizza delivery shooting
- Community takes stand against hate speech in Monroe County
- Updated Wolf signs kids health coverage bill, urges Congress to act
- Updated Alleged sexual 'predator' facing additional rape charges
- Babysitter charged in sexual assault of 2 young children
- Updated Pete Rose defamation lawsuit dismissed after agreement
- Happy birthday, Coldilocks! Oldest polar bear in US turns 37
- SEPTA marks Philadelphia trolley's 125th anniversary
- Lehigh Valley businesses react to GOP tax proposal
- Updated Grand jury: Penn State showed 'shocking apathy' to drinking
- Sunrise Chef: Golazo House
- Time to hit slopes at Bear Creek Mountain Resort