EAST PENN TWP., Pa. - A fire destroyed a home in Carbon County Tuesday.
It broke out shortly after 6 p.m. in the 200 block of Lauchnor Road in East Penn Township.
Crews at the scene say the fire appeared to have started in the roof and spread quickly.
Crews say a person who was in the house got out safely, and no one was hurt.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
A preliminary hearing is scheduled Wednesday for a Schuylkill County man accused of leaving three children home alone, with one of them locked in a 'cage.'Read More »
- Stroudsburg church to begin 'organ' transplant
- PennEast Pipeline would fuel Blue Mountain expansion
- Bird mites cleared from Lehighton High School
- Tip from Facebook staff leads to arrest of East Stroudsburg man for child porn
- Leiby's reopens in Tamaqua
- Schuylkill mom says welfare officials okay with 'cage'
- Schuylkill man to appear in court; accused of leaving 3 young children alone, 1 in 'cage'
- Defense raises race bias in Cosby jury selection process
- Some rain this morning followed by clouds and some sunny breaks this afternoon
- Pa. DEP holds IESI Landfill meeting
- Easton's new police headquarters taking shape
- Palmer receives $347K grant for Chrin Field development project
- Phillipsburg steps back salary ranges after resident complaints
- Reading Planning Commission, Alvernia move forward with Health Complex
- Updated Environmental group to spend $130K in governor's race
- Life Lessons: Wisdom Wednesday: Finding your authentic self