ASHLAND, Pa. - In Schuylkill County, a pair of of thefts from the Ashland Area Girls Softball concession stand may have involved someone familiar with the organization.
The concession stand at Willow Park was hit twice in two nights.
An official with the softball organization says there were no signs of forced entry, leading them to believe the thief had access to a key.
"Money was stolen two nights ago. And then this morning, when I got here to check on the stand, candy, food, frozen food were stolen. All of the cabinets were ransacked," said Jack Flynn, treasurer for the Ashland Area girls softball.
Organization officials say new locks are now in place.
Anyone with information about what happened is asked to call state police in Frackville at 570-874-5300.
An alleged attempt to steal manhole covers has landed two men behind bars.Read More »
- Schuylkill River Heritage Area adopts new name, logo
- East Stroudsburg University faces over $5M budget deficit
- One Tank Trip: Pocono Indian Museum
- DA: Heroin dealer convicted in Monroe County
- DA: Business owner deceives customers, faces felony theft charges
- Lehigh Valley Hospital's Pocono West campus approved
- High winds expected throughout the day
- Domestic assault suspect arrested after intense standoff
- State Police identify suspect in deadly police shooting
- Smoke prompts partial evacuation of Gross Towers
- Upper Macungie Township Police announce seat belt enforcement
- Heartwarming video lands local family on Ellen Show
- Reading Holiday Parade brings out some holiday cheer
- A tale of two mayors and a police station in East Greenville
- Santa and ABATE bring Christmas a little early
- Lehigh defeats Lafayette, wins Patriot League title