COOLBAUGH TWP., Pa. - The state auditor general says a Monroe County charter school may have broken the law.
Auditor General Jack Wagner is sending copies of an audit of Pocono Mountain Charter School to the Monroe County D.A, Governor Tom Corbett and other officials.
The Coolbaugh Township school was created by Shawnee Tabernacle Church.
An audit alleges that church pastor Dennis Bloom funneled some $3 million in taxpayer money to the church.
A similar matter has come up before.
You may recall that last year the state board of education overturned the Pocono Mountain School District's decision to revoke the charter school's charter.
The district claimed the school improperly spent taxpayer money to benefit the church.
- Walker Twp. man arrested for firing gun near neighbor's family gathering
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Man's 'suspicious' death in Frackville ruled a homicide
- Alpine Mountain Ski area sold
- Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- 2 people killed in fiery crash on I-81 in Schuylkill County
- One year later, police seek answers in Chester Co. woman's death
- Mourners deliver flowers in memory of Ernie the giraffe
- How you can help an Allen HS senior in the fight of his life
- Freedom High student walks 22 miles for veterans
- Coroner called to crash in Lower Towamensing Twp.
- Visitors celebrate at Dorney Park despite rainy weather
- A place of healing for veterans
- Weather stops big guest at Pottstown Memorial Day parade
- 'Taps' echoes over Bethlehem
- Memorial Day services across Berks County