COOLBAUGH TWP., Pa. - The state auditor general says a Monroe County charter school may have broken the law.
Auditor General Jack Wagner is sending copies of an audit of Pocono Mountain Charter School to the Monroe County D.A, Governor Tom Corbett and other officials.
The Coolbaugh Township school was created by Shawnee Tabernacle Church.
An audit alleges that church pastor Dennis Bloom funneled some $3 million in taxpayer money to the church.
A similar matter has come up before.
You may recall that last year the state board of education overturned the Pocono Mountain School District's decision to revoke the charter school's charter.
The district claimed the school improperly spent taxpayer money to benefit the church.
The National Park Service will be closing River Road in Middle Smithfield Township between park headquarters and Hialeah Picnic Area to protect migrating amphibians.Read More »
- 6 charged in connection with alleged gang slaying
- Mother charged after concealing death of baby
- Saylorsburg man faces DUI charge, child was in car
- Immigration officials detain alleged undocumented immigrants in Poconos
- PennDOT cracking down on 'Graffiti Highway' trespassing
- Police seize weapons from home of Horvath's father-in-law
- Albert Boscov remembered during memorial service
- Cell phone store robbed at gunpoint
- Pink slips may await some Pennsylvania public universities
- Strong storms, winds leave damage across the region
- Man shot, killed by Reading police after allegedly pointing shotgun at officers
- N.J. Rep. Leonard Lance holds second town hall meeting
- Lehigh Valley Heart Ball raises money for American Heart Association
- 'Light the Way' celebration recognizes trailblazers in the community
- Local vineyard owners wary of warm weather
- Boscov: An American Story