WEST PENN TOWNSHIP, Pa. - An eight-year-old boy was seriously injured Friday afternoon when the ATV he was operating collided with a concrete wall in Schuylkill County.
The accident happened at 2:30 p.m. at 21 Retreat Road in West Penn Township.
The boy apparently lost control of the three-wheeled ATV and hit the wall.
West Penn Police Chief Brian Johnson, the first rescuer on the scene, immediately ordered air medical transport.
The boy was transported by ambulance to the nearby Blue Mountain Christian Retreat, where the West Penn Fire Company set up a landing zone, then flown by helicopter to a hospital.
The extent of the boy's injuries is not yet known.
- Man charged in Palmerton driveway paving scam
- Schuylkill man to appear in court; accused of leaving 3 young children alone, 1 in 'cage'
- Stroudsburg church to begin 'organ' transplant
- PennEast Pipeline would fuel Blue Mountain expansion
- Bird mites cleared from Lehighton High School
- Tip from Facebook staff leads to arrest of East Stroudsburg man for child porn
- 2 dead in I-81 fatal crash in Schuylkill County
- Updated Cooler with occasional rain and a thunderstorm today
- Governor Wolf plans to sign Real ID law
- Updated Life Lessons: Tips to help kids sleep
- Mural appears on Quaker Maid plant on Rte.10 in Reading
- Lower Nazareth Board of Supervisors passes medical marijuana ordinance
- Updated Allentown Rotary fountain receives Lehigh County OK
- Warren County Freeholders call a meeting of mayors
- Easton City Council tables action on Billy's Diner lease agreement
- Allentown program teaching kids valuable skills