PennDOT says work will begin Monday to rehabilitate the Port Carbon St. Clair Highway Bridge and the Mount Laffee Road Bridge, both in Schuylkill County.
Port Carbon St. Clair Highway in East Norwegian Township will be closed as of Monday and detoured between Mill Street and Industrial Park Road, utilizing Russell Street, PA 61 and US 209. The estimated completion date is in June.
As for Mount Laffee Road in Norwegian Township, that road will be closed and detoured between Valley Road and New Street, utilizing Valley Road, PA 901, US 209 and PA 61. The bridge is estimated for July completion.
Work on the bridges include replacing the deck on Port Carbon St. Clair Highway Bridge and replacing the deck and beams on the Mount Laffee Road Bridge.
The project is said to cost just under $900,000.
Pro-gun church explains AR-15 marriage ceremony.Read More »
- New Jim-Thorpe one-dollar coins selling out fast
- Some Poconos students to relocate Wednesday due to blessing ceremony featuring AR-15s
- Pair charged in numerous robberies, thefts at Walmart stores
- Monroe County teenager dies from flu complications
- AR-15 rifles to accompany church's blessing ceremony
- 2 more facing charges in relation to ESU stabbing
- Indivisible Berks Holds Rally in Support of Unions in Preparation of Major Supreme Court Case
- Wallenpaupack School District responds to nearby church ceremony involving AR-15 rifles
- Former Reading mayor Spencer's trial delayed
- Murphy promises gun control, but for now reviews policies
- Millions of BB&T customers affected by outage
- Joe Paterno movie coming to HBO
- Man arrested for domestic violence assault in Fleetwood
- Degas painting missing for 9 years found outside Paris
- Florida governor speaks out on Parkland shooting
- Sarah McNary talks personal color analysis