STROUDSBURG, Pa. - A 32-year-old man was sentenced Tuesday to an aggregate term of incarceration of 26 to 52 years in a state correctional institution.
Eddie Quick of Stroudsburg was found guilty of robbery of a motor vehicle, robbery by threat, theft, receiving stolen property, and four other charges.
Quick was convicted after a two-day jury trial.
In 2015, Quick forcibly took a motor vehicle from a 67-year-old military veteran on the side of Route 196 in Mount Pocono. He pulled the victim from the vehicle and when met with resistance he showed a military-style knife and threatened to kill the victim multiple times, according to the Monroe County DA's Office.
Once Quick got into the vehicle, he dragged the victim approximately 30 feet before he was able to free himself. He headed down Route 196 until he was found by police, in which he refused to stop and led officers on an 11-mile high speed chase down Route 80 Eastbound from Scotrun to East Stroudsburg.
His speeds were in excess of 100 miles per hour, weaving in and out of traffic at 9 a.m. on a Friday.
State troopers deployed Stop Sticks, which flattened a tire on the vehicle Quick drove, but he continued to drive until he struck a tractor trailer, lost control and collided with a light pole off Exit 308.
Quick fled the vehicle, having to be Tased and tackled before he was taken into custody.
- Yuengling adds new beer to product portfolio
- ESU president announces new security measures for campus
- Wife who plotted husband's murder sentenced to 18-48 months
- Bullet found on floor at Panther Valley Junior Senior High
- Fmr. Lansford council president heads to Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition
- ESU president apologizes to student stabbed on campus
- Updated WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Berks County (4 p.m.)
- Updated WATCH: Jeff Bolden's 69 News Traffic Report (5 p.m.)
- Updated YOUR PHOTOS: Fourth major winter storm in 3 weeks
- Updated WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Allentown
- Updated Snow days equal shortened spring break, longer school year
- Updated WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Montgomery County (5 p.m.)
- Updated WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Northampton County (5 p.m.)
- Updated WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Lehigh County (5 p.m.)
- Updated Health Beat: Out of options: New valve saves hearts
- Lawmaker accused of abusing colleague won't seek re-election